Konichiwa from Tokyo

12:40 PM

Travel to Asia this October, and it was the best decision made ever. Everything was perfect, and I even caught the last bit of summer with high of 26-28 degrees Celsius during the day! Within the 10 days in Japan, I visited 7 cities before travelling to Korea. Let me first share with you my trip in Japan.


Tokyo, Japan
Upon arriving to Tokyo and dropping off my luggage, I took the subway right away to the Tokyo Sky Tree to see the night view of Tokyo, Japan. I never been to the Sky Tree, nor viewed Tokyo at night, so it was definitely a treat, and a great kick-off to my Asia trip.

Purchasing the fast pass was great as I was able to get up to the Tokyo Sky Tree within minutes. I highly recommended getting the fast pass, if not, you could go with the normal pass, except there is an hour wait. Some time I didn't want to waste for something else fun in Tokyo.


Asakusa
Continuing the trend of going to heavy populated places after a night at the Tokyo Sky Tree,  it is definitely worth it to go to Asakusa and check out the famous lantern in front of the temple. Plus you can do some souvenir shopping as well as visit the temple.


I did managed to pull myself for a drink at Harajuku and Roppongi, but never ended up taking any pictures. All I remember, was the food was amazing, as always, and the drinks were the best decision I made that evening. The next day was a chill day in Tokyo as I stroll around other parts of Tokyo in preparation for my trip to Kyoto. Three most memorable things I did aside from the first 2 days in Tokyo were as follows:

1. Shopping at Ginza, specifically Uniqlo. This is the flagship store in Japan and has 13 floors. It was crazy. I got lost so many times in there, and there's only one set of escalators to go up, and the other to go down. Don't believe me? Go check it out yourself! Plus there's an area of Disney branded Uniqlo clothing! Never too cool for Disney.


2. Finding a Pokemon Center. You heard me right. I went to a Pokemon Center for fun at Sunshine City, just because they only have these in Japan. Not to mention, I found a row of giant Pikachus - good old childhood memories.


3. People watching at Shibuya and taking pictures in the middle of the intersection. It is not as crazy as what movies depicted, but still worth to see. The best view for people watching was at Starbucks, plus the Starbucks in Japan has better drinks!


I miss Japan so much already, but this is not the end! Next stop, Kyoto.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *