Fall in love with Kyoto

12:56 PM


Kyoto is by far my favourite city in Japan. It's not too busy, like Tokyo or Osaka, but it still has everything from shopping, eating and site seeing. Just a 2 hour train ride on the Shinkansen from Tokyo station, next time though, I might consider flying.


Nishiki Market 
Upon dropping off my bags, again, I went straight for the Nishiki Market (http://www.kyoto-nishiki.or.jp/) for food, as this market closes at 6PM every day. And trust me, you don't want to miss the world for the food there. I certainly was not disappointed. I will post more of my food in another post, but here's a sneak peak :)


There are many things to do in this beautiful city. This is my 3rd/4th time in Kyoto, and I am in love with this city as well as the fact that there are new things to do every time I am here. Let me share with you my trip in Kyoto this time.

Kiyomizu-dera
Temples are a big thing in Kyoto. And this one in particular is a must: Kiyomizu-dera. You will have to hike up a steep slope to reach this temple, but it's the biggest, and the most well-known. Believe me, if you don't like the temple, you will enjoy the shopping and the snacks (including sake ice-cream) along the steep road.


Kinkaku-ji (Kyoto)
What kind of trip would it be, if I did not go to this golden temple. Heading to the Kinkaku-ji (http://www.shokoku-ji.jp/k_access.html) at sunset was indeed the wise choice. Not only were there less people there, the sun beaming on that golden temple made it look even more spectacular. Pictures can't even describe how stunning the view was!


Fushimi Inari Taisha
If you are up for a hike to lose a few extra pounds here or there, I suggest you to go here: Fushimi Inari Taisha. It took me about 45 to 60 minutes to walk up a half way where we stopped at some small restaurants and had a delicious brunch. Note, the gates get more spread out the higher you go. It is also highly recommended to go during the day, because hiking up this mountain at night is not only scary, but also very dangerous.


Gion (Kyoto)
And of course, I can't say I've been to Kyoto, without shopping and enjoying some street food at night. Gion is the place to be during the night, especially if you want to test your luck to see if you can see some geisha walking by. I was super lucky to see one, but unfortunately not lucky enough to take a picture in time :(


Kyoto Tower
And not to be missed, here's a snapshot of the Kyoto Tower from afar and close up.


I will be back Kyoto, until next time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *