Green Tea in Uji

1:34 PM


If you do not know what Uji is about, you are about to find out. Uji is a small town southeast of Kyoto, known for one thing - green tea. And I swear, when I was there, everywhere I went smelled like green tea, if not roasted green tea. It was the best place ever! It was unfortunate I wasn't able to go to the tea ceremony at the Taihoan Public Tea House, but I did get more ice-cream (green tea ice-cream), and some yummy desserts, and tons of green tea related souvenirs to bring back to all my friends.


It's not just all about food in Uji. There are also site-seeing places in this tranquil place. While walking around Uji, We found people that were doing some weird dance, that I concluded was either the "Rain Dance" where the Japanese people were dancing to the rain gods for rain, or the "Harvest Dance" where they dance in happiness for a good harvest of green tea this year. (No, I didn't take a picture of the rain/harvest dance, but it was real, I am making it up.) There are also lots of beautiful scenery and it was a perfect day to capture the picture-perfect town of Uji.


The view of the Uji River changes every time I take a picture. I was only here for half a day, and it seems the water turns more clear and blue every time I take a picture. It's amazing how peaceful this place is after being into Tokyo or even Kyoto.

There is also a well-known temple in Uji called Byodo-in. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to go here. It is also a World Heritage Site. I did however, got a glimpse of it from the path near the river.


I would definitely go back to Uji if I had more time. Just for more food and check out a bit more attractions.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *