Tokyoishi

12:46 PM

Oishi stuff in Tokyo. Trust me, you don't want to miss out on any good food here. First to kick it off, Tsukiji Market was a must. This location closes permanently on Jaunary 5th, 2016, so go there while you can. Or you will have to find the new one.


Tsukiji Market (Tokyo)
Waking up at 5AM to get to the soon to close Tsukiji Market for some delicious breakfast. I, unfortunately, did not make it in time for the daily auction, but I did take a picture of the giant blue fin tuna!



Ended up going to Nakaya (仲家) for a Chirashi don. Uni, toro and fish roe for breakfast, yes please! 



Sushi Dai, is supposedly the best sushi venue at Tsukiji Market, but by the time I got there, it was at least a 7-hour wait. It wasn't worth it, but at least I took a good shot of it while I was there.



Crabby Lunch at Ginza (Tokyo)
Upon the recommendation of my cousin who travels to Japan frequently, I went to かに道楽  関東エリア (https://douraku.co.jp/m/kanto.html), for a delicious five course crab meal for lunch for roughly 2100 yen. It was super delicious and filling! This restaurant is also a chain, so there are many locations. I also saw this restaurant at Dotonbori too (found in Osaka)! My favourite two dishes were the crab steam egg and the crab steam rice (notice a trend here?).



Chirashi Don at Ikebukuro
I had to stop at Ikebukuro because one of biggest Japanese Department Store is there. Heard of the name: Tokyo Hands. While at Ikebukuro, I found this restaurant with freshly grated wasabi! Who can resist? And it was only 700 yen. Why can't I have this at home?


Eating at Uobei (魚米); the new and improved conveyor belt sushi
Lastly, I went to Ueobi (http://www.genkisushi.co.jp/uobei/) and it was the best decision made ever. Sure the line was long, but within 15 minutes, I was at the front of the line. What's so special about this place is that the sushi and other delicious Japanese food can be ordered on an iPad right in front of you. Once the order is placed, the sushi pieces will come out one by one on an express line right in front of you. No need to wait for the conveyor belt to turn to you or order with the sushi chef who is super busy. This was such a high-tech experience, only in Japan.


You can never go wrong with the food in Japan, everything is simply delicious! Just don't ever get the plum rice balls from the convenient stores! You have been warned!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *