Working in Texas

7:15 AM



Living the life of a true consultant now, traveling weekly to Dallas for the foreseeable future. Raking those points, yes, one of my 2017 year resolution (I joke).

Jokes aside, that glamorous life that everyone thinks of consultants is not true. Yes, there are perks from travelling, earning status, going to 'exotic' cities, but that's we don't only go there to see the city; we are there to work. Long hours of working is the norm. When we aren't working, we either go back to the hotel to rest, or bond with the team members onsite. And when it comes to team bonding, what better way to bond, than over food and drinks? First week's highlight: charcuterie tasting and venison with wine. It's like my taste buds went to heaven.


(My apologies if the pictures don't look too great, but trust, the food was delicious!) Never had I had such variety on a charcuterie board or such tender venison.

The second week got overwhelming as more new/old team members came onsite. After a rough morning at the customs due to the Trump immigration ban and the shutdown of the Nexus machines, some Philly steak omelette kick started my day in Dallas, for yet another long day.


Long hours continue, and I was only able to order in to my hotel for the rest of the week in order to rest and eat and work at the same time during some late nights. Beginning with my new favourite from Little Greek Fresh Grill: Steak Skewers that comes with a huge salad, soft naan bread and rice


and some rib eye steak.


Third week came around and I was in charge of lunch! Yeah, I love picking lunch options in an unknown city, because I expect the least of them, but they turn out to be the best. Yummiest lunch ever from The Poke Point; mine was the Ohana Special. It's like rice, sashimi and salad combined. Everything I love dearly, and I mean, what can go wrong when there's sashimi.


Also got some amazing filet mignon back at the hotel. I mean, steak is the only good meal without cheese I can get at the hotel. I wish Texas has more salads.


While I really like travelling, travelling for work has definitely drained me. The only thing that I really enjoy is during the flight back home, when I get to see a sick sunset in the sky.


Back at home this week and I am sick. It could have been the dump of snow that happened over the weekend, or the change in whether from hot to cold in just a 3 hour flight. But I mean, who wouldn't be sick if there was a Fire Weather Watch in one place, and Snow Storm Alert in another?? And yes, I do miss that above 20 degrees weather a lot.


Got to rest up before next week happens following an exiting alt travel with my favourite place in the USA: NYC. Stay tuned!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *