Food Trip in NYC

7:40 AM

It's been a tradition of mine to go to NYC once ever year. Even so, I seem to always be trying new things in a relatively old vacation spot. Let me share with you, my alt travel to NYC that brought me all over the place for the sake of food :)


Chinatown
I still remembered the last time I came here riding on the citi bikes on a nice summer day. And then having all you can eat hot pot! This time, after getting off the flight, I went for all you can eat skewers. Not sure if AYCE is a Chinese thing, but it seems like every time I go to some place in Chinatown, it's all you can eat. Maybe it's the Chinese mentality - biggest bang for the buck?! Who knows?


After some delicious skewers, I am off for desserts! Found this gem while browsing through facebook one day. Also in Chinatown, Soft Swerve, serves soft serve ube (purple yam)! I got the ube soft serve with shredded coconut on a dark chocolate waffle cone. It was delicious!


Manhattan
Friday was still a work day for me even though I was travelling to New York for fun. And to keep this fun food adventure going, I made my way to Bibble and Sip. I have been hearing lots of great things about this little cafe in Manhattan. The lavender latte was on point! And so was the earl gray puff pastry. Thinking about it makes me hungry again.


I was very fortunate to have found a seat at this cafe just before noon. Sitting there working, and watching people come and go. This is a day of a life of a consultant ... consultant's dream. LOL.


West Village
After all my Friday meetings, I made my way down to West Village with a friend and had some yummy late lunch at Buvette. I had the Croque Forestier and it was delicious.


By the way, West Village was beautiful. I wish I chilled there a bit longer.


But as night slowly creeps in from the skylines, I made my way to Lady M for some layered crepe cake before heading to a fancy restaurant for some mutton!


K-Town
Next Stop - Keens Steakhouse (it's actually in K-Town). This place was decorated by a lot of pipes, you can find them everywhere, as soon as you walk into the building.


And for starters, of course I will have some seafood...


And then comes the main course: mutton! It was so tender, apparently a must try on yelp too!


Harlem
Not sure why I went there, but apparently my friends' friends have a house party there. And that entire trip just freaks me out. Literally, as the uber driver was dropping us off, I turned, and I saw a group of big guys standing in front of this apartment front door. Thank goodness it wasn't the apartment I was going to. The party was okay... I guess I was too shock from where I was. Left maybe after a couple of hours too. But before I go, I guess I had to take a picture here - for memory sake. Never again.


K-Town (again)
Leaving Harlem, and heading back to K-Town. Going to one of my favourite restaurants Pocha 23 for some late night Korean food, and watermelon soju! :)


Somewhere in Manhattan
Starting off the next day at Bea for a bottomless brunch, sipping some cava sparkling wine. Life can't be better than this.


Brooklyn

Then make my way to Brooklyn on my four inch high boots. It was dumb of me, but Brooklyn was so pretty! I wish I had spent more time here! But I mean, walking on the Brooklyn Bridge does take a while. Maybe next time I will start off having brunch in Brooklyn.


Instead, I got a nitro cold brew at Brooklyn. Should have stayed for longer if not for the rain.


Chelsea
For dinner, my friends and I headed to Chelsea Market and had some really really good seafood at Cull and Pistol. Found this gem while browsing through instagram. I guess by now you know where I get my food ideas from for my food adventures - social media.


Rockafeller Centre
Starting my day right with a coffee in one hand from Blue Bottle Coffee and Halal Guys in the other. I think my last day in NYC is going to be awesome.


Fifth Avenue
So it was a Sunday, I guess I must go to church. Oh... this is a Catholic Church - never mind then, a picture will be suffice.


And as we walked by the Trump Tower, doing the tourist kind of thing, takes picture.


Upper East Side
Went all the way here so I can get some Laudree macaroons and then chill at Central Park.


Upper West Side
Then went all the way to Levain Bakery for some delicious cookie that was crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside. Just as the bag puts it, a "little piece of cookie heaven".


By Union Square
To end it all off, some cold thin udon with uni and a glass of green tea cocktail at TsuruTonTan Udon Noodle Brasserie.


Gained so much weight from this trip, but I guess it was worth it. Time to hit the gym again at the hotel. And I'm going to ban myself from steak for a month! Until next time! TTFN!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *