Rise in Dallas

7:46 AM

Almost one quarter of 2017 has come and gone; time flies! Just reflecting on these couple of months, I feel that lots have been accomplished. Travelling back and forth to Dallas has really be an eye opening experience and got some really funny travel stories too. But what I'm tremendously blessed is with the recent promotion I had at work and the fact that the team I worked with merely for three months threw a dinner together to celebrate in addition to Pi Day celebration (lol!). Restaurant title, super fitting: Rise no. 1.

Rise no. 1 is a French Restaurant in Dallas that is famous for the souffles. They serve both savory and sweet souffles. But if you don't like souffles, you can also order their other main dishes. It's perfect for brunch, but since it was a team dinner sort of deal, I went during the evening.


This little restaurant in Dallas was super cute! The interior looks like it's Christmas all year round. And the table set up is on point: with a wine list in a Paris themed folder and scrabble pieces and blocks to play with and start up random discussion.


To start off this team dinner, we ordered wine and cheese. To be quite honest, I am not really a cheese person. I shy away from it unless it's brie. But the selection they had was amazing. My new favourite is now the truffle infused cheese.


After the cheeses, we moved on to the soup. It's called Marshmallow Soup, which sounds disgusting, but it was delicious. This soup is literally tomato puree soup with puffed up goat cheese and egg white (looks like marshmallows) drizzled with pesto sauce. It's a must if you ever get a chance to dine at the restaurant.


The main dish is just as amazing. Three of my coworkers decided to share three different kinds of souffles, because we are all curious as to how the savory souffles are. So we ordered: Cauliflower and Brie Souffle, Truffle Infused Mushroom Souffle and Crab Meat Souffle. They were heavenly!


To end off the night, we all had something sweet. I swear that we tried all the sweet souffles on the menu. My favourite, was the Banana Foster and the Pistachio :)


That was one great, healthy meal at Dallas. And to end off my reflection of the 1/4 of the year that went by, I am very happy and proud to say that I've achieved half of my new year's resolution this year! Hopefully the next three quarters of the year will be just as, or even more amazing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *