London in 48 Hours

10:41 AM

Happy Saturday Everyone! It's been a while since I've posted, but I assure you that your wait has not been for nothing!

I've recently returned from the UK, and to kick it all off, I'm going to begin with my couple of days spent in London. This is probably my third time in London. While I did skip out on some tourist attractions given my limited time there, I still managed to visit some few key things that must not be missed.

Before your travel around London, you must obtain one of these plastics: the oyster card, as it is essential for you to get around London. This sole card allows you to use the tube and the rail that connects London together. With this, the world is your oyster  ;)


Key Attractions in London
With only 48 hours in London, the first thing I did was a morning run to visit the Big Ben and the London Eye. It was perhaps the wisest decision I've made as I walked out onto the pavement at 7AM in the morning - no photobombers in my morning run photos! During my run, I went by London Chinatown...

the good old telephone booth in London...

the National Gallery, a Horse Guard marching alone...

 

then finally the Big Ben and the London Eye!



And since I was in the area, a quick shot of the Westminster Abbey!


Then I went to see the Queen, just kidding. Heading to Victoria Station, I made my way to the Buckingham Palace to see the change of guards at 11:30AM every day. There was a massive crowd, which is the usual, as we all patiently waited for the British guards to appear. It was worth the wait  :)


Then at 11:30AM sharp, they arrive!




After a quick lunch, I went to visit the infamous British Museum and spent a couple of hours looking at some of the exhibits. It's also not my first time here, but there are just so many things to see in this museum, I think I can spend days here! But with only 48 hours in London, this was the best I can do.


Heading my way to King's Cross Station. For those who love English Tea, there's a famous store called Fortnum and Mason. The main store is situated near Piccadilly Circus, but there's also a store in King's Cross St Pancras Station. This store was known to prepare teas for the British Royals! If you are a tea lover, you should definitely check it out.



It was here, where I spent an hour having English Tea with my cousin who was currently studying in London. What a perfect way to relax over a cup of nice hot tea and good company? :)

For those Harry Potter fan's out there, the next stop is crucial if you want to head to Hogwarts! If you guessed Platform 9 3/4, you are absolutely right! There was a huge line to take just a couple of photos, but it was worth the wait! At least for me.


Note: you don't actually get to board the Platform 9 3/4 here. That's in Fort William, UK. A train called the Jacobite. Unfortunately, I didn't get to go on this train. But in some future post, you will see some post of the railway tracks of this train! So stay tuned!

First 24 hours in London ended with a delicious meal at Eat Tokyo at Covent Garden. But before dinner, I did a bit of shopping at Covent Garden and came over this store where I saw the most stunning perfume bottles! Penhaligon's, since 1878! Thanks to the store manager, Lisa, I was able to take this amazing photo of the display in the lower level of the store.


Shopping Destinations
Day two in London was filled with shopping. Aside from tourist attraction, shopping is also kind of an attraction in London. There are various places to shop, mentioned previously is Covent Garden.


Another area to shop is on Regent Street where many flagship stores are located.


Oxford Street and Bond Street showcases abundant of stores as well where Regent Street ends.


And if this isn't enough for you yet, there's also Harrods. A must if you are visiting London!


Be prepared for crowds in these areas and watch your belongings!

Food in London
In addition to tourist attractions and shopping, food is also important. I mean, it does keep me going when I walk around to many places. An original English Breakfast to start of my day with lots of protein, toast and a cup of coffee.


A must eat in London - fish and chips, perhaps for lunch?


And finally, who can say no to a bucket of mussels from Belgo for only 12 pounds or so.


As always, I can never get enough of London. So many things to do, and never seem to have enough time to see everything.


Until next time, London! Stay tuned as I travel west to Bath!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *