Chicken Soup for the Travel Seoul

8:32 PM

Food is always an attraction on its own. While I was in Seoul, I was also able to enjoy some tasty and hearty meals. It does differ from the foods in Jeju quite a bit, nonetheless, it was delicious as always. Let me share with you some of my highlights.

Chicken Ginseng Soup
As you read from my last full, by the time I got to Seoul, I was beginning to fall ill. Maybe because I traveled way too much in 2 weeks, who knows? So when I got to Seoul, I had to find some chicken ginseng soup to hopefully boost my energy and health! And this was the best soup I ever had!


There were a lot of places advertising this dish along the streets in Myungdong. After much contemplation, I decided to hop into a store to try it out. I was not disappointed. I did feel energized after the soup and it was super filling. Mind you, that’s a whole chicken in there. And while you don’t see the ginseng, there’s a big piece in there which made the soup very very flavourful. This is definitely a must try when in Seoul.

Soon Tofu
I often eat soon tofu in Korean restaurants back home, and since I was in Korea, I knew I had to try this to see what the difference were. I would say, compare to the ones I had, the portion was definitely smaller, but it was super filling for some reason. Maybe it was the rice, who knows. It was also very spicy, but that’s because I didn’t ask for it to be mild. I mean, I have to try the original thing while I was in Korea!


Maybe because of this soup, I felt a little better (since I sweat it all out), or worse (because it was so spicy), but it was a delicious meal and I definitely enjoyed the atmosphere in this restaurant at Insadong. As I mentioned in my previous post, the decor looks absolutely amazing. It has this rustic traditional feel to it and it really reflected the traditional side of Korea with a bit of classical feel created from the chandelier.


Seafood Pancake
After consuming so much seafood in Jeju, how can I resist when I saw this on the menu? That’s right, it’s a seafood pancake. Not as fresh as the seafood I’ve indulge in Jeju Island, but, it was still delicious. I think the fact that I was able to enjoy the different variety of seafood dish in Korea was interesting. It reminds me of how different areas have their different specialties. Jeju is surround by the ocean, that’s why seafood is a common thing. Meanwhile, Seoul is inland, therefore, it makes more sense for the people in Seoul to eat more of meat, etc. and less of the seafood.


Bibimbap
From what I’ve heard in the past, bibimbap is not usually served at restaurants because it’s not really a extravagant dish and people usually make this at home (please correct me if I’m wrong!). But maybe that’s why the owner of the restaurants looked surprised when I ordered this – and it was really inexpensive. Basically, bibimbap is a combination of vegetables and a bit of meat, mixed in rice topped with an egg, and optionally, you can add lots and lots of hot sauce. I mean, it’s such a common dish at home in Korean restaurants here, that I had to try it in Korea. It was delicious! The spicy sauce was the best part! And the pot that they hold the rice in kept everything hot, until the very end of the meal! This is a rare thing for me LOL.


Street Food
And of course I’m going to mention all the foods I ate while I was in Korea. Well, at least the ones I remember to take pictures of because they were so good!

First on my list would be the chicken kabob that I had at the front of Ewha Women University. The line was super long, but it was SO GOOD. Definitely worth every single penny (or Korean won).


Second are these delicious Manjoo that I found in the Metro station! It was definitely delicious. It kind of reminds me of the Hong Kong style egg waffles, but it has some kind of sweet paste in it, and it was DELICIOUS! Please give me more!!! Really miss this! I want this in the metro station at home!


Lastly, there are these delicious seafood skewers! There are many food stants at Myung-dong and I think I had more foods along the streets at Myung-dong. Except, I must be in food and shopping heaven and might have forgotten to take pictures. I want to go back right now for some delicious foods.


This was a delicious trip in Seoul aside from shopping! The weather was great, the food was great … everything was just fantastic! Until next time Korea! I will come back for more food!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *