Seoul searching for the perfect skin (vol. 2)

9:06 PM

In the last post, I mentioned a selected sample of the skin care products I’ve purchased while in Seoul, but that’s not all. While Koreans make fabulous skin care products, they also make a whole lot of cosmetic products that are really good too!

In this post, I will be sharing, again a selection that I absolutely love, and have been using daily since I got back.

1. Primer
To begin any make up routine, it is important that you find a base, a primer, that is right for you so your make up can last throughout the day. I have selected a few of my favourite primers that I’ve purchased from Korea including the following: (1) Banila Co. Prime Primer Classic Matte ; (2) Etude House Beauty Shot Face Blur; (3) Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer; and (4) Innisfree Eye Primer.


For a matte look, I would recommend Banila Co. Prime Primer Classic Matte. This product makes the make up stay matte even if the make up is of a dewy texture. However, because the primer is somewhat translucent, I find that I put on the same about of foundation / BB cream. Etude House Beauty Shot Face Blur is also one of my favourite primers. This primer smooths, hides pores and tones the skin. It also has SPF 33/PA ++. This primer definitely allows me to use less foundation / BB cream, and it also makes my face look really smooth. However, it does provide a dewy texture, and not a matte texture like Banlia Co. Prime Primer Classic Matte.

For eye primers, I have tried both the Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer and Innisfree Eye Primer. While both claims to enhance eye shadow colour and integrity for a longer lasting look, I prefer the Innisfree Eye Primer as I find it a bit longer lasting than the Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer. But you must try it out yourself to judge

2. BB Cream + Air Cushion
After using the prime, I usually put on foundation / BB cream. In the past, I have used other BB cream, but I found it quite heavy. So I gave the following products a try, and they worked amazingly. My favourite two products are: (1) Holika Holika Aqua Petite Jelly and (2) IOPE Air Cushion XP.

Holika Holika Aqua Petite Jelly



This bottle of BB Cream is amazing wonders. A little of it provides a lot of coverage, and the best of all, it’s light on the skin. It does add a dewy texture to the skin, but I find that the moisture gives my skin a natural healthy look, unlike the artificial look that I get from using other BB Creams in the past.


My all time favourite, however, would be the IOPE Air Cushion XP, that comes with many versions. Displayed above has the Natural, Coverage and Intense version of the IOPE Air Cushion. Natural version, marked with N before the colour type, provide the least coverage but gives a natural look to the skin. Coverage version, marked with C before the colour type, provides more coverage than the Natural version. Your skin will still look natural and healthy,and will also cover up those blemishes more than the Natural version. The Intense version, is an upgrade of the Coverage version, marked with I before the colour type. This version provides the highest coverage, or Intense cover to one’s skin. It also brightens the skin tremendously giving that natural glowing skin look. Not to mention, all of these has SPF in them and it’s compact and easy to carry.


And the packaging! it’s just so chic!

3. Blush and Powder
For some rosy cheeks, I would prefer A’PIEU Styling Multi-Blusher and IOPE  Air Cushion Blusher.

I think that A’PIEU’s Styling Multi-Blusher is a genius idea where it fits everyone’s face shape perfectly. This blusher has two different colours blush for the cheeks, one highlighter to brighten up the forehead and the nose, and finally some shading to express the sleek face line. It is perfect for contouring! Plus this blush includes a diagonal brush that is used for a curve face line making it easier to apply the blush. Not to mention, the powder smells like roses.

The IOPE Air Cushion Blusher works best, in my opinion, with the IOPE Air Cushion XP as it provides that dewy texture when applying to the face. It continues to brighten my cheeks and provides that natural glow. Most importantly it moisturize the skin as it contains over 30% of mineral water XP, unlike the other blushes out there that is in a powder form.


To ensure that the make up stays on the face or have that overly shinny/oily look, a good powder is very important. Upon my trip in Korea, I came across two that I really like. The first is Etude House’s Dear Girls Oil Control Pact. This brand is very affordable and a little does a long way. If you like a more organic brand, Innisfree’s No-Sebum Mineral Powder does the same trick! I love them both! But if i was to choose one, I will prefer Etude House’s because it has a cuter look and it’s the case is thinner than the Innisfree one so it’s easier to carry around.

4. Lip Gloss, Lipstick, etc.
For pretty lips, you need a good lipstick. But when I came across these while I was in Korea, I was… speechless. They are all so good! All of them are able to maintain moisture on my lips, and never does my lips feel chap afterwards. Plus the variety of colours and the various packaging is definitely AMAZING! You must try them!


(1) Aritaum Cushion Tint: Wannabe; (2) Aritaum Water Sliding Tint: No. 13 Cosmopolitan; (3) PeriPera Lip Tint Water: No. 5 Strawberry Juice; (4) Innisfree Creamy Lip Mousse: No. 4 Spring Days Romance Peach; (5) Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar: No 4 Juicy Cherry; (6) Etude House Dear My Wish Lips Talk: PK001; (7) Aritaum Water Sliding Tint: No. 1 Pink Prism; and (8) Laneige Intense Lip Gel: #10 Squeeze Plum.

5. Make-up Remover
Last but not lease, at the end of the day, all make up must be removed for the skin to breathe naturally. I usually like using cleansing oil because it’s a quick and easy step to melt away all my make up and to ensure everything is washed away quickly, but I came across this, Aritaum’s Lip and Eye Remover, while I was in Korea. This product is a grain fermented product which removes deep lip and eye makeup easily. Best of all, it’s super soft on the skin. This product has soy ingredients that protects the skin and moisturize it at the same time. For some one with sensitive skin, I absolutely love this product!

That’s all for this time! Stay tune for my next post! Ta-ta-for-now!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *