Tea time in London

8:17 AM

With the latest events in London, I'm sadden by all the things that has occurred around the world, especially London and Manchester. It was only 2 weeks ago that I was in London being a tourist and enjoying a cup of tea. Travelling a lot this year has really put things in perspective for me whereby things can literally change within a week or even a day. Cherish what you have today, and be content always. 
*           *           *
Each year, I make myself available to go on a trip with my family. This year was a unique one because it was the first time in a long long time where I didn't plan the trip. We joined a tour to go to Israel. However, before I share my experience in Israel, let me first share about my less than 24 hours stopover in London. And what great way to spend it, then in the heart of London for all tourists and shoppers? Can you guess where it is?


Before I go into the details though, there was a funny story at the customs. The custom officer asked me why I was in London for less than 24 hours. And my witty answer was: "For a great cup of tea". He chuckled and stamps my passport. My guess is because he agrees, and that's exactly where I was going; first stop the flagship Fortnum and Mason store (https://www.fortnumandmason.com/) at Piccadilly!


Last time I went to London, I also went to a Fortnum and Mason store, but this one is much phenomenal! It has 5 floors though I only saw 2 floors. The main floor was where all the teas and cookies were sold. Here are my favourites: Royal Blend tea, Earl Gray tea, Earl Gray Shortbread Cookies, and Rose Biscuits! English Breakfast tea is amazing too!


The third floor had lots of tea sets and where I had a great high tea experience at The Parlour. I ordered the Fortnum's Favourites and it was probably the best idea ever since it came with a small savoury dish, scones, and ice cream, and of course there was tea! :)


After a nice high tea experience and some tea shopping, it's time for real shopping at Regent Street, Oxford Street and Bond Street. :)


And before you know it, it was almost dinner time. And where else would I go but the one and only Belgo Centraal (http://www.belgo.com/) near Covent Garden?


I pretty much come here every time I am in London! It's like a chain in London that serves the Belgium beer and mussels! :)


And as an after an early dinner activity, a stroll at Covent Garden is a must. No ice cream at Venchi Cioccolato this time. Let's just leave it for next time. Besides, there was these really cool garden displays which I needed to take a picture with :)


And then there was some live music at the courtyard. I love it! That violinist is such a prankster!


And of course, a mandatory shot of the telephone booth at Covent Garden.


And before boarding on the plane the next day, I got to pick up this juice as a tradition! :) It still taste so good!


Until next time, London! Due to British Airways IT fiasco the following weekend, I didn't get to go back to London for a second time after my Israel trip. But perhaps it's all for the best, because now I have a reason to go back.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *