Bon appétit!

5:22 PM

Bonjour tout le monde! Out of the midst of the busy month, I finally made an effort to continue to blog about my trip to Paris back in Spring 2018. I think the reason I held up on writing this post was probably because I would most likely crave for a lot of delicious food from France. That’s right, in this post, I will talk about some of the most amazing foods I’ve ate! I am already hungry… and I just ate dinner…

1. RESTAURANTS
Comptoir de la Gastronomie
This restaurant was recommended by a friend of mine. We made reservations in advance, because this place was quite tiny. The food was exquisite. We tried out many French cuisine paired with wine of course: French onion soup, escargots, foie gras ravioli, seared duck breast and aged steak. It was worth stuffing my face and tummy.



Address: 34 Rue Montmartre, 75001 Paris, France
Hours of Operation: 12PM – 11PM (Closed on Sundays)

Le Bistro du Perigord
Continuing the trend of some delicious French cuisine, we found this on yelp while visiting the Pantheon (Paris). We went after lunch hours so there was lots of room at the restaurant. Food was also amazing, and again paired with wine, starting off with some foie gras (pâté) and more escargots follow with some delicious mains including this beautiful looking duck breast with sweet potato yam.





Address: 71 Rue Saint-Jacques, 75005 Paris, France
Hours of Operation: 7AM – 10:30PM (Closed on Sundays)

Le Petit Châtelet
Also recommended by one of my friends, situated across from the Notre Damn and right beside the Shakespeare & Company Bookstore. Got to try this place during lunch. Again, it’s a tiny place, like most good French cuisine places. They offer menus on a blackboard in French, but if you don’t know French, the reverse side has English.

I wasn’t feeling the greatest that day, as it poured the whole day, but got to try a really good and hearty butternut squash soup and had steak. For dessert, the crème brulée was to die for. 







Address: 39 Rue de la Bûcherie, 75005 Paris, France
Hours of Operations: 12PM – 2:30PM, 7PM – 10:50PM

2. CAFÉS
All that French food can be a bit filling at times, so let’s talk about all the delicious Parisian snacks shall we?

Angelina
This was the first place I went to after dropping my luggage at the hotel, and it was conveniently right beside my hotel. Angelina Café is supposedly the café that Coco Chanel dines at all the time, so obviously it was swamped with tourists. But I got there in the nick of time, and only had to wait 5 minutes for a table. Must try here are the hot chocolate. It was an early morning for us, so we also ordered some breakfast. 





Address: 226 Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris, France (+various locations)
Hours of Operations: 7:30AM – 7PM (hours varies on weekends)

Café de Flore
Recommended yet by another friend was this very beautiful café. With sitting on the outside and inside. The outside looks like a growing garden found at the corner of the street. Must try is their hot chocolate (it’s made from pure chocolate, none of that powder stuff from tin cans). Also tried another bowl of French onion soup here as well, might as well, since I’m in France.








Address: 172 Boulevard Saint-Germain, 75006 Paris, France

Hours of Operations: 7:30AM – 1:30AM



Café Kitsuné
Didn’t think I would find this café, but while roaming around the Palais Royale and the Jardin du Palais Royal, I found this café. I saw it many times on Instagram (obviously because the place was instaworthy), but since I was so tired, I got some java here too. It was heavenly, both hot and cold drinks. Ice latte, green tea latte and regular latte.



Address: Jardin du Palais, 51 Galerie de Montpensier, 75001 Paris, France

Hours of Operations: 10:00AM – 6:00PM (6:30PM on weekends)

3. MACAROONS
Of course, you can’t go to Paris without trying the best macaroons in the world!

Ladurée
They have this in other places too, but there were so many more choices of flavors here! I probably went here every day for ‘a snack’ because it was literally right across from my hotel. Yes, my wallet took a dent here since these things are awfully expensive, but it was much worth it – my taste buds and tummy said so.


Address: 14 Rue de Castiglione, 75001 Paris, France (various locations)
Hours of Operations: 10AM – 7PM

Pierre Hermé Paris
And then there was this, not found at home, and had even more fancy / exquisite flavors of macaroons. I actually brought some back home because they are sooooooooo good. Too bad their best before date is like 5 days after day of purchase, or else I would have gotten more.



Address: 4 Rue Cambon, 75001 Paris, France (various locations)

Hours of Operations: 10AM – 8PM



4. THEN I WENT FULL OUT ASIAN…
During my trip I got terribly ill. Maybe because it rained an entire day and I wasn’t dressed warm enough, I was craving for my Asian fix. Desperate to find something delicious, warm and hearty, I resorted to yelp and found this amazing pho place relatively close to my hotel.

Pho 14 Opera
I swear to god this place was possibly the most expensive place to get pho: 15 euros I think it was?? Anyways, I felt much better after this trip, but it was delicious, warm and hearty. Most of the folks dining here were Asian too, occasionally found some Caucasians dropping by. Then I realize, there was a delivery option too. Should have opt for it if only I knew…


Address: Rule Molière, 75001 Paris, France

Hours of Operations:  11AM – 10:30PM (Closed on Sundays)

And that’s all for now! Stay tune for my next trip in Netherlands!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *