Typhoon in Yokohama

8:26 AM

It’s been a while since I wrote anything interesting, or anything at all. And while I’ve been travelling lots, I’m still playing that catch up game in writing about my travels last year in Japan. So here it is, half a year later, it’s time to wrap things up with 2017 in Yokohama.

Unlike other cities in Japan, I only stayed here for 24 hours before my flight back home. And unfortunately for me, a typhoon seem to have hit the same day I got to Yokohama, but that doesn’t stop me from exploring.




First stop was to visit The Cup Noodle Museum in Yokohama.


Thankful to my cousin, who’s been working there for a year now, he was able to book a workshop for me so that I learn how to make cup noodles. It was a 90 minute session of dough kneading, mixing, and watching the instructor’s hand gestures because I don’t understand a word of Japanese. (Super thankful for English instruction cards – that and translation apps).





Since there was a downpour of rain during the afternoon, the decision was to stay indoors and explore the Cup Noodle Museum. There were some pretty decent installations of the variations of cup noodles, giant cup noodles and history of cup noodles. But the best part was watching my baby nephew sleeping through it all, and only to wake up to take pictures in front of cup noodles :P. At least he wasn’t fussy about heat since we were in well air conditioned areas.



The rain died down by the evening, and I finally got to see the amazing Cosmo Clock 21 Ferris Wheel. This is probably the world largest clock-style ferris wheel and it lights up in green, but occasionally in rainbow colors!



The night ended very well after shopping in the underground shopping malls and raiding the alcohol section at the Don Quijote and 7-11.



And before I knew it, it was time to leave my nice hotel and I was back on a plane home bound.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *